Friday, July 20, 2012

Fast Friday - Bread Sticks

This is an easy one that I love to grab when I need a meal in a hurry. I even use frozen pizza crust if I really want to cheat. My kids love these as much as I do! I forgot to grab a picture before we all started mowing down on them! So there are a few missing bread sticks. As I am posting this Caden is yelling, "Yum! Pizza! I found Pizza!"



Cheesy Bread Sticks

What you need:
2-3 Tablespoons of butter substitute
1/2 - 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Dairy free cheese (I use Daiya)
Nutritional yeast (I love this stuff!)
Other toppings (pepperoni, onions, olives, etc) 

Directions:
Melt the butter substitute and stir in the garlic salt. Spread the garlic butter mixture onto the pizza crust and sprinkle on the nutritional yeast if using. Cover the pizza dough with the non-dairy cheese and any other toppings desired. Bake according to directions for the pizza crust. When done cut into strips and serve. We eat them as they are but they would also be good dipped into some warm pizza sauce.

What is your go to easy meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment