Friday, May 4, 2012

Fast Friday: Waffle sticks

Ever since watching Karen Morgan make ice cream cones in the baking class at the Gluten Free Expo I have been looking for an iron to make some. Instead I found a waffle stick maker and thought it would be a great treat for my kids. Since going gluten free I have not made waffles because I have not bought a new waffle maker. Needless to say the waffle sticks were a hit and it maker will be coming out to the camper with us. The book that came with the waffle machine did not have any gluten free recipes so I decide to wing it. The results were awesome! I had to take a picture fast before they were gone!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffle Sticks












1 cup flour blend of choice (make sure it has either xanthun gum or guar gum)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 T brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 T maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg or 1 egg substitute (I did use an egg substitute in it and it worked great)
1 cup Chocolate Almond Milk
1/2 T Oil (I used sunflower)
Mix your dry ingredients together. Then add rest of the ingredients except for the peanut butter. Stir till it come together. Then add peanut butter and use a hand mixer to combine it in. This will thicken the batter to a nice consistency. In my waffle stick maker it takes 3 minutes for them to be done. I do not have a waffle iron to try full size waffles in so if you find a time let me know.

This is the waffle stick maker that I have. It is the Bella Waffle Stick Maker and I found it at Target. It is a hit and so easy to use that it is coming camping with us this summer!
What flavor do you think I should try next?




1 comment:

  1. A favorite of breakfast restaurant fare are waffles. Many people young or old, enjoy having waffles in a restaurant for a breakfast treat. Light, airy, and sweet, usually they cannot be passed up.

    Waffle on a stick

    ReplyDelete